Friday, July 31, 2009

The First Date

Jeremy invited me to attend an art walk.

I showed up after work with my clothes. I changed from my hospital scrubs into my standard summertime overalls and berkies. Put my hair in braids and was ready to roll.

Jeremy was all spiffed up with spit shined shoes and was ready for a night on the town.

Where was I confused? I thought we were going to an art walk. Stalls, artsy crafts, stilt walkers, Carmel apples... Downtown Seattle does an open art gallery walk. there is a big difference in those two ideas. How embarrassing!! I am just thinking that I was the lamest girl in town. I had no choice and I wasn't driving to the U-district to change. He completely dismissed it. He was like, "Oh, you look great. Ready?" Sure buddy!

We started at the Seattle Museum of Art. It was nice. I had never been there so I was in completely uncharted territories. I looked and felt like a girl right out of the sticks. But he was fine with it. We talked art, we sat on the floor to contemplate this gigantic piece that was all sunflowers growing out of death. It was truly beautiful from what I can remember. We left and snuck into a private gallery show.

This loft holding this show had an open bar. We grabbed some wine and hung out. All these people kept going into the bathroom but nobody would come out. Me, being who I am investigated. There was a fire ladder just outside the window so we climbed out. I remember that not all the bolts were holding the ladder. it was whompy and pulled away from the wall in spots. Jeremy later told me that he was and is afraid of heights. What it took for him to climb out there and onto the roof. What a guy!!! We sat up there and watched the ferries and sunset. It was really romantic. We discovered each others love of the water and that each of us were scuba certified. We must have been up on that roof for 2 hours.

We climbed back down and went to dinner at his favorite watering hole. The Adobo Taco Lounge. Man, I miss that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment