Friday, July 31, 2009

Getting Hitched


A year and one day from that art walk I married the man of my dreams. We had a fantastic potluck party with friends and family at the park there at Rosario. We got married on the point overlooking Deception Pass in the shadows of a loan Madrona tree.


It was a beautiful day. We laughed, we cried, Jeremy forgot to put his shoes on for the ceremony. My maid of honor was almost late for the ceremony and she had the cake too. There was drama but there was laughter too. My dad did salmon, chicken and oysters. He saved an oyster for Jeremy. Being the new son in law, he swallowed his oyster and almost immediately started gagging and turned a little green. How brave is that? He kept it down!


We had such a great day in that park.


That night we stayed in Seattle thanks to friends who got us a room at a swanky hotel. We went to see a friends show at a punk bar in downtown. I refused to take off my dress. The bar gave us free food and drinks. Oh we had so much fun. LOL!!! We went to the martini bar and walked the city. It was so romantic and beautiful. Again, I refused to take off my dress. I was starting to feel the effects off all the days activities and the nights cocktails.


By morning I was done for! I was stuffed up and hacking. I couldn't breathe. Jeremy's beautiful bride looked like hell warmed over. He took me straight to the ER. I had walking pneumonia and had hid it pretty well till all was said and over. They stocked me up on meds and packed me back in the car. Off we went to Yellowstone for our camping honeymoon. To think...me on steroids, starting my period, sicker than a dog and he still loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment