Friday, July 31, 2009

Getting to know one another....

Before the beach party I had been planning this camping trip with my friend Steph, the girl from the beach and her boy toy and some of his buddies.

He had been once again been the target of their badgering about some camping trip with a bunch of couples. Lame! Who wants to go with a bunch of lovey dovey couples when you are single. And the girl leading this cluster fuck? She has got to be a loser, right!?

so fast forward to the day after the beach party. I told Steph I met a guy and wanted to know his name. She tells Emily the birthday girl who tells her boy friend will who works with the guy i want to know. Are you following this? He agrees that I'm a cool cat, he's a cool cat- somebody exchanged our numbers.

He called my house later that week and Dan my room mate answered and I heard was a little rude to him. Jeremy was not going to call back. This chick is living with a guy- hell no!

So I call him back and laugh when I hear about his assumptions about living with Dan the man and we arrange a date. I said, "Well that's all fine and dandy, but what are you doing tonight?" That completely threw off his game. He said to head over in about 20. Gave me directions and we hung up. I was shaking I was so nervous. But hell, you've got to take chances in life.

Over at his place, he tells the story that he was in full on panic mode. He had just gotten off work from the lumber yard. Had a TINY studio full of buddies over who were all drinking and chilling. He kicked em out the window (we'll touch on that later) and quickly showered. The guys come back in 15 and try to play it all cool.

Keep in mind that Jeremy and I met at a Bon-fire. Neither one of us even remembered what the other looked like. All we knew is that at the bon-fire we sort of dug each other. We walked down the beach. We chit chatted about jobs and the liking. I remember that he smelled faintly of cedar chips. I love the smell of cedar. My dad was a logger and it takes me back. So yeah- we don't even know what each other looks like.

I showed up and all these guys are hanging out. I wish I had pictures of how small this place really was. I somehow managed to get in the building and find his place. He wasn't expecting me at the door because everyone used the alley window to get in and out. LOL!!! It was just easier than trying to get in a building with a broken buzzer and no intercom.

We hung out and decided that Wed we would go on this date. I didn't know what to do at this point. Do we kiss? Do we hug? I turned on my heals and bolted for my car. AWKWARD!!!

I think he called me that night and we talked for like 2 hours on the phone. He hates talking on the phone so this must have been something for him. I had such a crush!

No comments:

Post a Comment