Friday, July 31, 2009

How it all started...

I went to a birthday party for a girl who I wasn't really friends with. Her friends were pretty lame so my friend Steph and I cut out early.

He went to a birthday party for a girl who he didn't really even know. Her friends were pretty lame but he was there with his buddy Will and kind of stuck. He didn't even want to go in the first place but they had badgered him till he relented.

As I sat at home- 10:00 on a Saturday night. I thought, what the hell am I doing. I'm 25 years old. I'm laying in bed on a Sat. night. I got up in a huff, through on my overalls, sports bra and Birkenstocks and off I went.

When I arrived at the beach party for the second time, all the sorority sisters had gone and they had been replaced by a pack of party guys and hulligans. This is where I met my husband.

I was standing around the bon-fire chit chatting with a few folks, catching names here and there. All of a sudden the rivets on my overalls were so hot they were singeing me. I started hopping up and down shouting something about my potatoes being on fire.

This smart ass guy turns around and says, "Whats this? I hear you talking about potatoes and slapping your ass. Those are my two favorite things."

That is by far the most original and lamest pickup line/commentary I have ever heard to date, but it obviously worked because here we are 8 years later- 7 years of marriage. Fate? Kismet? Destiny? I hope you enjoy our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment