Friday, July 31, 2009

Time really flies when you are having fun!


Over the next few years we moved around. I hadn't realized that I married a gypsy. We sold all our belongings and moved to Hawaii for a year. That was fun! We snorkeled and worked. Worked and then went snorkeling. Not much else. We were too poor to do anything more than free. Oahu is an expensive place to live. We were living a working mans Hawaii. There were no luau's. No Mai Thais on the beach. We could barely afford milk but we were in love!


We would lay on our futon at night watching law and order on a tiny 6 inch b&w antennae tv his aunty had given us. We would watch gecko fights on our walls for fun. One day we came home and I discovered the tiniest little gecko smashed in the seal of the refrigerator. OH! I was sad for the little guy. I picked him of the seal and laid him on the counter for Jeremy to see. All of a sudden he started moving again. He was still alive and must have just been to cold. Jeremy put him on the window seal to leave him be. I looked back a few hours later and my little buddy was gone.


When we moved back from Hawaii I was unpacking and found this tiny little wooden box with my buddy inside. He had died that day but Jeremy didn't want me to cry so he hide him away. Sometimes it's ok to hide things from a spouse.....

No comments:

Post a Comment